What is the EB-5 Green Card in the USA?
It is a special processing modality of Green Card (permanent residence permit in the USA) for those foreign applicants whose intention is to invest in «a new company»
Who can apply for this type of permanent residence in the USA. And what are the requirements to meet?
In order to apply for a Green Card under EB-5 processing, the following subjective and objective requirements should be taken into account:
- As for the profile of the applicants, it will be that of a foreign investor and their dependents. Including in this sense spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age. It is important to highlight that it is not an essential requirement that the applicant has previously obtained a visa in the USA.
- As essential objective requirements to be able to apply for the Green Card EB-5, are:
- Make an investment in a commercial “new company” in the USA. The amounts for investments today are:
- Private company at USD 1,050,000
- Areas considered highly complex and rural areas USD 800,000
Investments by foreign applicants made in bank funds or for the acquisition of real estate will not be taken into account.
- Plan to create or retain a minimum of 10 permanent, full-time jobs for qualified American workers. Thus accrediting the creation of employment, directly or indirectly, depending on the type of «new company» and the corresponding investment.
How can we help you from Feliu N&I?
At Feliu N&I we offer advice and support: full legal, tax and labor throughout the process of processing and obtaining the EB-5 permanent residence permit in the USA, hand in hand with our local collaborators.
Our professionals will help you plan your strategy and analysis of investment possibilities and different applications of the «new company» concept in the USA. All this, within the legal framework and criteria of the competent US authority.
Also, after obtaining your permission, if you need our advice later, Feliu N&I has Relocation services and international tax advice at your disposal, to make both your business and personal project come true in the U.S.A.
If you have any questions, contact us and we will contact you as soon as possible.